One of the best priced acoustic and thermal insulating materials for high-temperature applications.
- Melamine-Meltblown combines the material immanent properties of Melamine with the specifics of a meltblown nonwoven with its extreme fine fibers.
- Melamine-Meltblown is an inherent flame resistant material and does not burn, shrink, melt and drip. At decomposition emerging gasses are low in quantity and non-toxic.
- Melamine-Meltblown has a high chemical and UV resistance.
- Melamine-Meltblown has outstanding acoustic and thermal insulation properties; due to very fine fibers down to 0.5 µm.
- Melamine-Meltblown can achieve today’s requirements with lower weight and is a lightweight and best priced material.
- Melamine-Meltblown meets Oeko Tex Standard 100 - Class 1 as well as the TVOC requirements according to VDA 278.
The raw material, a modified melamine resin, has a thermoplastic processing window which makes it applicable in conventional thermoplastic processes. Melamine-Meltblown can be directly produced by a modified meltblown process developed at TITK. No intermediate steps are needed to obtain a fabric. Melamine-Meltblown receives an inline treatment to gain the known thermoset properties of melamine.
Melamine-Meltblown is produced in one process directly as a ready to use nonwoven.
Fields of Applications
Where you require a combination of excellent acoustic and thermal insulation at high temperature and non-flammability, the new Melamine-Meltblown nonwoven is the solution of choice.
Download: Produktflyer smartMELAMINE® (PDF)